Woodburn School District 5/2018 – Present employer
Communications and Community Outreach Coordinator
- Write content for both print and Web including the company website, blog, brochures, and newsletter.
- Plan and implement a communications strategy.
- Monitor the company’s social media and online presence.
- Serve as point of contact for media and public questions.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies.
Salem-Keizer School District 8/2017 – 5/2018
Special Education Instructional Assistant
Stars and Stripes 11/2007 – 5/2016
My responsibilities as a multi-media editor for the DoD-affiliated news site, Stars and Stripes, included but were not limited to the following:
- Covered news events as photographer / videographer
- Created multimedia packages, including interactive media, videos, photo galleries and microsites to support the editorial department
- Updated and posted daily content to the website, www.stripes.com
- Created multimedia packages to support the editorial department
Economic Opportunity Studies
2/2014 – 2016
Part-time Technology Manager
My responsibilities as a Technology Manager at EOS, included the following:
- Administered GoToWebinar sessions
- Served as Google Administrator
- Migrated email services to Google
- Troubleshooter for connectivity issues with computer systems
- Created multimedia packages
- Updated computer software
- Created e-letter using via Vertical Response
- Updated and maintained website
Sul Ross State University – Rio Grande College 1/2002 – 3/2007
Eagle Pass, Texas
Director of Public and Media Relations
My responsibilities included but were not limited to the following:
- Managed and coordinated advertising campaigns for University and served as the primary contact for local and regional media
- Conceived and implemented print design for most university publications as well as print, radio, cable and online advertising
- Coordinated with freelance designers, consultants and vendors to meet all project requirements
- As a director, I was responsible for the overall direction, management, planning and budgeting of the public and media relations department.
- Coordinated speaker engagement and assisted with graduation ceremonies
- Videographer and photographer for graduation ceremonies and other university events
Gonzaga University – Spokane, Washington
Masters of Arts in Communication and Leadership (Summer 2020)
University of Oregon – Eugene, Oregon
Bachelor of Arts Degree – English, 6/1996
Northern Virginia Community College – Alexandria, Virginia
Network Engineering (Specialist) Career Studies Certificate
Ricardo Martinez Vasquez
Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator / Woodburn School District